Are you seeking chronic fatigue help? Before you do, it’s important to obtain the right information about this condition. Chronic fatigue is a complex disorder that is essentially extreme fatigue that cannot be attributed to any medical condition or disease process. Chronic fatigue is characterized by other symptoms, including but not limited to loss of memory or concentration, sleep that is not refreshing, exhaustion that lasts more than 24 hours after physical exercise, enlarged lymph nodes, and sore throat.
Possible Causes of Chronic Fatigue
Researchers do not have a specific answer as to why chronic fatigue occurs in people. They speculate that the following contributing factors trigger the said condition:
- Hormonal Imbalances – Individuals with chronic fatigue sometimes experience abnormal levels of hormones produced in the adrenal, pituitary, and hypothalamus glands.
- Problems with the Immune System – People who have chronic fatigue may appear to have a slightly impaired immune system. It’s unclear, however, if such an impairment is sufficient enough to cause chronic fatigue.
- Viral Infections – Some individuals develop chronic fatigue after contracting a viral infection. The possible viruses that contribute to the development of the condition include mouse leukemia viruses, human herpes virus 6, and Epstein-Barr virus. Researchers, however, have yet to discover a conclusive link between the virus and chronic fatigue.
Risk Factors for Chronic Fatigue
The following risk factors can increase a person’s chances of developing chronic fatigue:
- Gender – Chronic fatigue is 1.5 times more likely to occur in women than in men. This, however, may be due to women being more inclined to report their symptoms to a physician.
- Age – Although chronic fatigue can develop at any age, the condition is most common in individuals between the ages of 20 and 50.
- Stress – People may develop chronic fatigue when they are not able to manage stress effectively.
Helping Individuals with Chronic Fatigue
Thankfully, you can approach RedRiver Health and Wellness Center for chronic fatigue help. All of our locations, including South Jordan, Boise, and Las Vegas, will approach chronic fatigue with a comprehensive test series to determine whether endocrine or physiological imbalances may be contributing factors to your chronic fatigue.
Once the underlying causes and imbalances have been determined, the RedRiver Health and Wellness Center team will work with you through education and a custom management plan to help you restore function, reduce symptoms, and increase general health and wellness.